Meetings are at the same time and place as last year, so come to the UnCommon Room in Rockefeller Chapel at 5:45 for cookies, warm drinks and a relaxed meeting. People have been telling me that they'd like the chance to actually meet each other, so we'll make introductions, hang out, and chat about Prop 8, DOMA and the Supreme Court as well as anything else we'd like.
Elections are third week!! As of now, the only nomination we have is for Christopher Hitchens for President. As excellent of a job as I think he'd do, I'd like some other folks in the running. Here's how it works:
1. You use THIS FORM to nominate yourself or someone else for an exec position. If you've nominated someone else, I will email them telling them they've been nominated.
2. If they accept the nomination, their name will go on the list of nominated people which I will keep updated and public to people. Nominations can be made up until elections actually start.
3. On our SA meeting of third week, we will all meet in the uncommon room, where there will be pizza and ice cream.
4. We will hold elections, starting with election for President, and then going through VP, secretary, treasurer, PR director, Exec at Large, etc.
5. Then we have a new exec! Hooray!!
Please, please, let me know if you have any questions. I strongly encourage anyone who wants to get more involved to run. Exec positions are created by the people who inhabit them, and they're definitely very malleable. The exec at large positions in particular can be whatever you want them to be, in coordination with the new president. You can also (there's room on the form) add new positions, like webmaster, food czar (responsible for getting food for meetings), grand master of all existence, etc.
SPECIAL ATTENTION FIRST YEARS: Yes, you can run for things! We have had at least one second year on exec every year this club has been in existence, and we really want you to be involved. You are, to be cliche and overly earnest, the future of this club. If you're worried about commitment or time issues, I recommend treasurer, PR director or exec at large. I promise it can be done, and it's really worth being involved. Talk to me if you have questions or concerns!
Again, here's the form!!